Catad’Or Wine Awards is the most important international wine competition in Latin America. With 25 years of experience, the competition has been held since 1995 in the city of Santiago, the capital of Chile, the fourth largest wine exporter in the world.
Catad’Or Wine Awards has the high patronage of the International Organization of Vineyard and Wine (OIV) and the International Union of Oenologist, and since 2018 is member of VINOFED.
Catad’Or Wine Awards evaluates and rewards the excellence of wines and spirits with rigor and pro- fessionalism. Benefiting from the wellknown reputation of the com- petition, the award-winning wines and products travel the world and are highly valued by distribution channels and consumers, especially in priority wine markets such as China and Brazil.
In its 2020 version, Catad’Or Wine Awards will evaluate and reward samples of still and sparkling wi- nes and spirits from all around the world.
MEDALS AND TROPHIES
The products are evaluated in blind tasting sessions and can aspire to the following prizes:
Great Gold Medal (reference 93 points or more)
Gold Medal (reference 90 to 92.9 points)
Silver Medal (reference 87 to 89.9 points)
CATAD’OR WINE AWARDS IN SHORT
• 25 years of experience
• Double patronage: OIV and International Union of Oenologists
• Member of VINOFED
• 670 samples in 2019 from 13 countries
• 3 mornings of tasting
• 50 judges from 14 nationalities
• Blind tasting exclusively
• Technological platform of evaluation in accordance with OIV rules
• Visibility in distribution markets
• Proof of quality for the consumer
• Value added to acquire new markets (Asia, Brazil)
• Press and publications USD 400,000 in media value
Catad’Or Wine Awards recognizes the samples that receive the best score in their category.
• Best in Show
• Best Red Wine
• Best White Wine
• Best Rosé Wine
• Best Sparkling Wine
• Best Icon Wine
• Best Organic Wine
• Best Ancestral Wine
• Best Entrepreneurial Wine
• Best Carménère
• Best Winery
• Best Spirit
• Create an account and complete the registration form online catador.cl/enroll
• As soon as you send the confir- mation of your registration, you will receive your invoice and payment instructions by mail.
• The registration form is available in English and Spanish on our website.
• Complete the PDF participant registration form and the sample registration form (1 form for each sample).
• Enclose an analysis certificate which must be less than one year old for each sample presented.
• Send all the documents by mail to Sofía Le Foulon: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
• As soon as we receive your registration forms, we will send you your invoice and payment instructions.
• If you register by PDF, an online account will be created for you. Details of the account will be sent to the email address provided in the registration form.
The deadline to send the registration documents is June 8th, 2020.
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
1. Send 3 bottles per sample presented in suitable packaging, labeled and accompanied by an analysis certificate less than one year old (the certificate can be sent by mail).
2. Attach a pro forma invoice.
Write for Catad’Or Wine Awards, mentioning “samples of no com- mercial value“.
3. Address your samples to:
Catad’Or Wine Awards
Volcán Tupungato 839
Parque Industrial Lo Boza
Pudahuel, Santiago - Chile
Roberto Olmos - 56 9 7210 8266 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please send samples in advance and send email@example.com the list of registered wines to notify SAG authorities, in order to expedite the customs clearance entry of samples to Chile.
From November 2019 to September 15th, 2020
All samples must be received before
September 17th, 2020
Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th October 2020
Award ceremony and results*
Wednesday, October 7th 2020
Registration for international products has a value of USD 130 per sample. This does not include taxes and customs.
• From 1 to 4 samples: Full rate
• From 5 to 10 samples: 10% discount
• 11 samples or more: 15% discount
* After the award ceremony, the participants will be able to download their official certificate and to read in detail the eva- luation of their registered wines by entering their account. Likewise, they can access general statistics of the contest.
FORE MORE INFORMATIONS
SOFÍA LE FOULON
+56 9 9817 8719
+56 9 7210 8266
Rules can be checked and downloaded from