CATAD’OR WORLD SPIRITS AWARDS
Catad’Or World Wine Awards with 26 years of experience is the most prestigious international wine and spirits competition in Latin America, and it takes place in Santiago de Chile.
After 6 years evaluating piscos and distillates, Catad'Or has formed together with ANIAE (Asociación de Ingenieros Agrónomos Enólogos de Chile) a technical committee of experts to create the first international spirits competition in South America: Catad'Or World Spirits Awards.
Catad’Or World Spirits Awards will be held in parallel to Catad’Or World Wine Awards between November 02 and 04, 2021.
Catad’Or World Spirits Awards brings together an expert international jury dedicated exclusively to spirits who evaluates in blind tastings and awards special medals and trophies by category.
The products are evaluated in blind tastings and can aspire to the following recognitions:
Great Gold Medal (reference 93 points or more)
Gold Medal (reference 90 to 92,9 points)
Silver Medal (reference 87 to 89,9 points)
• Best Pisco
• Best Spirit
• Best in category *
• Best Producer
*Category with a minimum of 20 samples participating in the competition.
CATAD’OR WORLD SPIRITS AWARDS CATEGORIES
• Agave spirits (Tequila, Mezcal)
• Appetizers, digestives and bitters
• Asian drinks (Sake, Shochu, Baijiu, Soju, others)
• Fruit spirits
• Grape spirits (Brandy, Pisco, Singani, Grappa)
• Liquors and creams
• Nut, herb, root, seed spirits
• Other distilled spirits (Gin, Vodka)
• Sugarcane or molasses spirits (Rum, Cachaça)
• Whisky/Whiskey (American, Irish, Japanese, Scotch, others)
Catad’Or World Wine Awards delivers a certificate and a full report on the evaluation of each product presented in the private account of each participant, which includes an OIV evaluation sheet and organoleptic charts.
HOW TO TAKE PART?
• Create an account and complete the online registration form at: www.catador.cl/enroll
• As soon as you send your registration confirmation, you will receive your invoice and payment instructions by email.
• The registration form is available in English and Spanish on our website.
NOTE: If you want to make a registration in PDF format, request the forms to: email@example.com
1. Send 3 bottles per sample registered in appropriate and labelled packaging.
1. Send 2 bottles per sample registered in a suitable packaging, labelled and accompanied by a Certificate of Free Trade issued by your country of origin (the certificate can be sent by email).
2. Attach a proforma invoice.
Write for the Catad’Or World Spirits Awards, consigning “samples of no commercial value”.
3. Address your samples to: Catad’Or World Spirits Awards
Volcán Tupungato 839 Parque Industrial Lo Boza Pudahuel, Santiago - Chile
Roberto Olmos |+56 9 7210 8266 | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
NOTE: Submit your samples in advance and send the list of registered products to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the SAG authorities, in order to speed up the entry of samples to Chile through customs.
From May 1 to October 10, 2021
Deadline for receipt of samples
Between July 13 and October 11, 2021
Tuesday 02 to Thursday 04 November 2021
Awards ceremony and results*
Wednesday 10, November 2021
*After the award ceremony, the participating companies will be able to download their official certificate and access through their private account the detailed score per tasting table for each of their products presented. Likewise, they will be able to access general statistics of the competition.
The registration of national products has a value of CLP $ 108,000 + VAT per sample.
The registration of international products has a value of USD $ 130 per sample. Taxes and customs not included.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
SOFÍA LE FOULON +56 9 9817 8719
The regulation can be reviewed and downloaded here