The 3rd edition of the Catad'Or World Spirits Awards will take place in November 2023 at the Monticello convention center in Chile.
Catad'Or World Wine Awards has a 28-year history and is the oldest and most prestigious international wine and spirits competition in Latin America. The event, based in Santiago de Chile, 4th wine exporter in the world and 1st producer of pisco, is sponsored by the ANIAE, and is the only Latin American contest that is a member of VINOFED.
Catad’Or World Spirits Awards bring together an expert international jury dedicated exclusively to spirits who evaluate in blind tastings and award medals and special trophies by category.
The products are evaluated in blind tastings and can aspire to the following recognitions:
Great Gold Medal (reference 92 points or more)
Gold Medal (reference 89 to 91.9 points)
Silver Medal (reference 86 to 88.9 points)
• Best Spirit
• Best Gin
• Best Pisco
• Best Liqueur
• Best Producer
• Best in category*
*Category with a minimum of 20 samples participating in the competition.
• Agave spirits (Tequila, Mezcal)
• Asian drinks (Shochu, Baijiu, Soju, others)
• Cocktails (Sour, RTD, Frozen)
• Distilled Flavored Spirits
• Fruit spirits
• Grape spirits (Brandy, Pisco, Grappa, Singani)
• Liqueurs & Creams (Sweet Liqueurs, Bitters, Vermouth, Creams)
• Other distilled spirits (Gin,Vodka, Moonshine)
• Sugarcane or molasses spirits (Rum, Cachaça)
• Whiskey/Whisky (American, Irish, Japanese, Scotch, others)
Thanks to a modern technological platform, Catad'Or delivers a complete report on the evaluation of each product presented in the private account of each participating company, there you can also download diplomas, certificates and digital medals, and view general statistics competition. This private account stores the historical record of all previous editions.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
ONLINE REGISTRATION - CREATION OF A PRIVATE ACCOUNT
Create a private account and save all the history of your participations:
• Register your company: Complete the online registration form at www.catador.cl/enroll and you will receive an email with your password.
• With your access password, log into your private account and start registering the products online. To finish you must select SEND PRODUCTS TO COMPETITION.
• You will then receive your invoice, payment instructions, and sample delivery manual by email.
• The online registration form is available in English and Spanish on our website.
1. Send 2 bottles per sample registered in a suitable packaging, labelled and accompanied by a Certificate of Free Trade issued by your country of origin (the certificate can be sent by email).
2. Attach a proforma invoice.
Write for the Catad’Or World Spirits Awards, consigning “samples of no commercial value”.
3. Address your samples to: Catad’Or World Spirits Awards
Av. Jorge Hirmas 2560 - Bodega 20
Renca, Región Metropolitana - Chile
Código postal: 8641149
Roberto Olmos |+56 9 7210 8266 | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Please send the samples in advance and send to firstname.lastname@example.org the list of registered products to notify SAG authorities, in order to expedite the customs clearance entry of samples to Chile. A Catad’Or executive will accompany you throughout the process until the samples have been received in our warehouses.
Roberto Olmos | +56 9 7210 8266 | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
From March 1 to October 13, 2023
Deadline for receipt of samples
Between August 1 and October 13, 2023
Awards ceremony and results
Catad’Or Hall of Medals Fair
Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 November, 2023
After the award ceremony, the participating companies will be able to access from their private account the detailed score by tasting table of each of their products presented and download their official certificate and diplomas. Likewise, they will be able to access the general statistics of the competition.
The registration of international products has a value of USD $ 130 per sample. Taxes and customs not included.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
SOFÍA LE FOULON +56 9 9817 8719
The regulation can be reviewed and downloaded Click here