The second edition of CATAD'OR WORLD SPIRITS AWARDS will take a place in parallel to the 27th CATAD'OR WORLD WINE AWARDS between Monday, October 31 to Thursday, November 3, 2022.
CATAD'OR WORLD WINE AWARDS with 27 years of experience is the oldest and the most prestigious international wine and spirits competition in Latin América. The event taking place in Santiago of Chile, the 4º largest wine exporter in the world and the 1º producer of pisco, has the high patronage of the OIV, the International Union of Oenologist, and the ANAIAE, and is the only Ibero-American competition that is a member of VINOFED.
CATAD'OR WORLD SPIRITS AWARDS bring together an export international jury dedicated exclusively to spirits who evaluate in blind tasting and award medals and special trophies by category.
The products are evaluated in blind tastings and can aspire to the following recognitions:
Great Gold Medal (reference 93 points or more)
Gold Medal (reference 89 to 92.9 points)
Silver Medal (reference 85 to 88.9 points)
• Best Spirit
• Best Pisco
• Best Gin
• Best Cachaça
• Best Sake
• Best Producer
• Best in category*
*Category with a minimum of 20 samples participating in the competition.
• Agave spirits (Tequila, Mezcal)
• Asian drinks (Sake, Shochu, Baijiu, Soju, others)
• Cocktails (Sour, RTD, Frozen)
• Distilled Flavored Spirits
• Fruit spirits
• Grape spirits (Brandy, Pisco, Grappa, Singani)
• Liqueurs & Creams (Sweet Liqueurs, Bitters, Vermouth, Creams)
• Other distilled spirits (Gin, Vodka, Moonshine)
• Sugarcane or molasses spirits (Rum, Cachaça)
• Whiskey/Whisky (American, Irish, Japanese, Scotch, others)
Thanks to a modern technological platform, Catad'Or delivers a complete report on the evaluation of each product presented in the private account of each participating company, there you can also download diplomas, certificates and digital medals, and view general statistics competition. This private account stores the historical record of all previous editions.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
ONLINE REGISTRATION - CREATION OF A PRIVATE ACCOUNT
Create a private account and save all the history of your participations:
• Register your company: Complete the online registration form at www.catador.cl/enroll and you will receive an email with your password.
• With your access password, log into your private account and start registering the products online. To finish you must select SEND PRODUCTS TO COMPETITION.
• You will then receive your invoice, payment instructions, and sample delivery manual by email.
• The online registration form is available in English and Spanish on our website.
1. Send 3 bottles per sample registered in appropriate and labelled packaging.
1. Send 2 bottles per sample registered in a suitable packaging, labelled and accompanied by a Certificate of Free Trade issued by your country of origin (the certificate can be sent by email).
2. Attach a proforma invoice.
Write for the Catad’Or World Spirits Awards, consigning “samples of no commercial value”.
3. Address your samples to: Catad’Or World Spirits Awards
Volcán Tupungato 839 Parque Industrial Lo Boza Pudahuel, Santiago - Chile
Roberto Olmos |+56 9 7210 8266 | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send the samples in advance and send to email@example.com the list of registered products to notify SAG authorities, in order to expedite the customs clearance entry of samples to Chile. A Catad’Or executive will accompany you throughout the process until the samples have been received in our warehouses.
Roberto Olmos | +56 9 7210 8266 | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
From March 1 to September 24, 2022
Deadline for receipt of samples
Between July 13 and September 24, 2022
Monday, October 31 to Thursday, November 3, 2022
Awards ceremony and results
Saturday November 05, 2022
After the award ceremony, participants will be able to download their official certificate and learn about the detailed evaluation of their registered products from their private online account. In addition, they will be able to access the general statistics of the competition.
The registration of national products has a value of CLP $ 108,000 + VAT per sample.
The registration of international products has a value of USD $ 130 per sample. Taxes and customs not included.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
SOFÍA LE FOULON +56 9 9817 8719