Catad’Or World Wine Awards is the most important international wine competition in Latin America. With 28 years of experience, the competition has been held since 1995 in the city of Santiago, the capital of Chile, the fourth largest wine exporter in the world.
Catad’Or World Wine Awards has the high patronage of the International Organization of Vineyard and Wine (OIV), Asociación de Ingenieros Agrónomos Enólogos de Chile (ANIAE), and is member of VINOFED.
Catad’Or World Wine Awards evaluates and rewards the excellence of wines and spirits with rigor and professionalism. Benefiting from the well-known reputation of the competition, the award-winning wines and products travel the world and are highly valued by distribution channels and consumers, especially in priority wine markets such as China and Brazil.
In its 2023 version, Catad'Or World Wine Awards will evaluate and reward still and sparkling wines from all over the world, and in its Other Fermented Beverages category it will be able to evaluate and award sake, cider, among others. In addition, it will feature the third edition of the Catad'Or World Spirits Awards to evaluate and reward spirits. Parallel to the award ceremony, the Catad'Or Hall of Medals fair will be held for the second year with capacity for more than 60 exhibitors.
• 28 years of experience
• Double patronage: OIV and ANIAEE
• VINOFED Member
• 1300 samples in 2022 from 20 countries
• 4 tasting days
• 70 judges from 14 nationalities
• Blind tasting exclusively
• 100% computerized contest, evaluation form according to OIV
• Certificate and complete private evaluation report for each registered product
• Visibility in distribution markets
• Proof of quality for the consumer
• Value added to acquire new markets (Asia, America and Europe)
• Press and publications USD 400,000 in media value
The products are evaluated in blind tastings and can aspire to the following recognitions:
Great Gold Medal (reference 93 points or more)
Gold Medal (reference 89 to 92.9 points)
Silver Medal (reference 85 to 88.9 points)
Catad’Or is based on the OIV rule of 30% of awarded samples, so some medal-worthy scores may ultimately not get it.
CATAD’OR WORLD WINE AWARDS SPECIAL TROPHIES
• Best in Show
• Best Foreign Wine
• Best Red Wine
• Best White Wine
• Best Rosé Wine
• Best Orange Wine
• Best Sparkling Wine
• Best Icon Wine
• Best Natural Wine
• Best Ancestral
• Wine Best Small Grower Wine
• Best Carménère
• Best Winery
• VINOFED Trophy
• Best Sake
Thanks to a modern technological platform, Catad'Or delivers a complete report on the evaluation of each product presented in the private account of each participating company, there you can also download diplomas, certificates and digital medals, and view general statistics competition. This private account stores the historical record of all previous editions.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
ONLINE REGISTRATION - CREATION OF A PRIVATE ACCOUNT
Create a private account and save all the history of your participations:
• Register your company: Complete the online registration form at www.catador.cl/enroll and you will receive an email with your password.
• With your access password, log into your private account and start registering the products online. To finish you must select SEND WINES TO COMPETITION.
• You will then receive your invoice, payment instructions, and sample delivery manual by email.
• The online registration form is available in English and Spanish on our website.
1b. Send 3 bottles per registered wine sample in suitable labeled packging. Email a laboratory analysis of less than one year to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Attach a proform invoice:
Write for the Catad’Or World Wine Awards, submitting 'samples with no commercial value'.
3. Address your samples to:
Catad’Or World Wine Awards
Av. Jorge Hirmas 2560 - Bodega 20
Renca, Región Metropolitana - Chile
ZIP Code: 8641149
Roberto Olmos | +56 9 7210 8266 | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
From March 1 to October 13, 2023
Deadline for receipt of samples
Between August 1 and October 20, 2023
Monday 13 to Thursday 16 November, 2023
Awards ceremony and results
Saturday 18 November, 2023
Catad’Or Hall of Medals Fair
Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 November, 2023
After the award ceremony, the participating companies will be able to access from their private account the detailed score by tasting table of each of their products presented and download their official certificate and diplomas. Likewise, they will be able to access the general statistics of the competition.
SOFÍA LE FOULON +56 9 9817 8719
Rules can be checked and downloaded from: here