Catad’Or World Wine Awards is the most important international wine competition in Latin America. With 27 years of experience, the competition has been held since 1995 in the city of Santiago, the capital of Chile, the fourth largest wine exporter in the world.
Catad’Or World Wine Awards has the high patronage of the International Organization of Vineyard and Wine (OIV), the International Union of Oenologist, Asociación de Ingenieros Agrónomos Enólogos de Chile (ANIAE), and is member of VINOFED.
Catad’Or World Wine Awards evaluates and rewards the excellence of wines and spirits with rigor and professionalism. Benefiting from the well-known reputation of the competition, the award-winning wines and products travel the world and are highly valued by distribution channels and consumers, especially in priority wine markets such as China and Brazil. In its 2022 version, Catad’Or World Wine Awards will evaluate and reward samples of still and sparkling wines from around the world, and will feature the second edition of the Catad’Or World Spirits Awards to evaluate and reward spirits.
• 27 years of experience
• Triple patronage: OIV, UIOE and ANIAE
• VINOFED Member
• 1.300 samples in 2021 from 20 countries
• 4 tasting days
• 70 judges from 14 nationalities
• Blind tasting exclusively
• 100% computerized contest, evaluation form according to OIV
• Certificate and complete private evaluation report for each registered product
• Visibility in distribution markets
• Proof of quality for the consumer
• Value added to acquire new markets (Asia, America and Europe)
• Press and publications USD 400,000 in media value
The products are evaluated in blind tastings and can aspire to the following recognitions:
Great Gold Medal (reference 93 points or more)
Gold Medal (reference 89 to 92.9 points)
Silver Medal (reference 85 to 88.9 points)
Catad’Or is based on the OIV rule of 30% of awarded samples, so some medal-worthy scores may ultimately not get it.
CATAD’OR WORLD WINE AWARDS SPECIAL TROPHIES
• VINOFED AWARDS*
• Best Foreign Wine
• Best Red Wine
• Best White Wine
• Best Rosé Wine
• Best Sparkling Wine
• Best Icon Wine
• Best Natural Wine
• Best Ancestral Wine
• Best Small Grower Wine
• Best Carménère
• Best Winery
CATAD’OR WORLD SPIRITS AWARDS SPECIAL TROPHIES
• Best Spirit
• Best Gin
• Best Pisco
• Best Cachaça
• Best Sake
• Best Producer
• Best in category**
* VINOFED will award the best red, white, rosé and sparkling wine.
** Only categories with a minimum of 20 samples participating in the contest will be awarded.
Thanks to a modern technological platform, Catad'Or delivers a complete report on the evaluation of each product presented in the private account of each participating company, there you can also download diplomas, certificates and digital medals, and view general statistics competition. This private account stores the historical record of all previous editions.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
ONLINE REGISTRATION - CREATION OF A PRIVATE ACCOUNT
Create a private account and save all the history of your participations:
• Register your company: Complete the online registration form at www.catador.cl/enroll and you will receive an email with your password.
• With your access password, log into your private account and start registering the products online. To finish you must select SEND PRODUCTS TO COMPETITION.
• You will then receive your invoice, payment instructions, and sample delivery manual by email.
• The online registration form is available in English and Spanish on our website.
1a. Send 6 bottles per registered wine label in a suitable and labelled packaging.
1b. Send 3 bottles per registered wine sample and 2 bottles per distillate sample in suitable labeled packging. Email a laboratory analysis of less than one year to: email@example.com
2. Attach a proform invoice:
Write for the Catad’Or World Wine Awards, submitting 'samples with no commercial value'.
3. Address your samples to:
Catad’Or World Wine Awards
Volcán Tupungato 839 Parque Industrial
Lo Boza Pudahuel, Santiago - Chile
Roberto Olmos | +56 9 7210 8266 | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
From March 1 to October 14, 2022
Deadline for receipt of samples
Between July 13 and September 24, 2022
Monday, October 31 to Thursday, November 3, 2022
Awards ceremony and results
Saturday November 05, 2022
After the award ceremony, participants will be able to download their official certificate and learn about the detailed evaluation of their registered products from their private online account. In addition, they will be able to access the general statistics of the competition.
SOFÍA LE FOULON +56 9 9817 8719
ROBERTO OLMOS +56 9 7210 8266
Rules can be checked and downloaded from: www.catador.cl
CATAD'OR 2021 INTERNATIONAL AWARD CEREMONY